12/17/2007

Owlcam operational

I took advantage of a short break in the weather on Saturday to install the owlcam. Actually the installation is the easy part. The main effort is running the wiring back to the house. Luckily the ground was nice and moeshie so I managed to get the wiring buried underground pretty easily - barring a frozen knee. All the wiring was run into my basement and I now just need to drill the final hole to hook it up to my TV in the living room. I currently have the cables hooked to a DVD player and sadly the box is vacant. Although this is a little worrying I am staying positive that spring will bring me some owls. For all of you out there contemplating installing an owlcam I can highly recommend the Hawkeye. Installation is quick, the camera is hard wired and all you need to do is hook the RCA cables to the TV and plug the power cord in - EZ!
If you shop around you may even be able to get some great deals on the camera.

No comments: