1/08/2008

Packers Superbowl bound?

Ok, so we are still very far away from the Superbowl with the Seahawks and most probably the Cowboys looming, but can you blame a Packers' fan for being excited.
This season has been phenomenal with the Packers only playing two bad games with a third being decided by a weather disaster. I think the Packers learnt a valuable lesson in their loss to the Cowboys and I hope that this helps them when they face the Cowboys at home. Sorry, getting ahead of myself again. The Cowboys will need to overcome the resurgent Giants. Amazingly, Mr Nervous (Eli) has played two very good games back to back. Regardless I expect the Giants to implode should they be fortunate to beat the Cowboys this weekend. Having said that, I will be supporting Big Blue and hoping for an upset especially based on the fact that Brett has never beaten Dallas at home.
As for the Seahawks, they looked good in the wild card playoff but I expect Brett and his offensive line to be able to absorb all the pressure and to get the ball to the receivers for great yards after carry (YAC). This approach has been extremely effective for Green Bay's offensive which has been affectionately called the YAC attack. Even if you're not a sports fan I can highly recommend switching on the TV to watch history in the making. Watch a 38 year old guy who hasn't missed a game at his position since starting in 1992 and you'll see a truly great player who epitomizes the best that professional sport has to offer. Don't take my word for it, watch the game!

1 comment:

RuthieJ said...

And don't forget that it's Mike Holmgren coming back to Lambeau as the *Seahawks* coach! Should be an interesting game.
I'll be watching and rooting for the Packers!