2/12/2008

Poll results: Should dogs be allowed......

Well the results for my second poll is in and the voting went very well. I asked you whether dogs should be allowed in wildlife areas. I had a grand total of 25 people voting which is pretty representative of the US demographics ;-) The results were a sweep for the naysayers who got 64% of the votes, while the folks in favor of dogs in wildlife areas only managed to get 16% of the votes. Interestingly, the yes votes were actually beaten by the undecided's who cast 20% of the votes.
Ok, so for me it was VERY strange when I came to the US and I saw dogs all over place. In SA dogs are not allowed in widlife areas, maybe because there are so many EXTREMELY dangerous animals around that would love to eat them for breakfast. Even seeing dogs in state camping grounds was very strange to me and in my opinion spoils the tranquility of being out in nature.
As for my third poll I'd like to see what your opinion is on the 'discovery' of the Ivory Billed Woodpecker (IBW). For those of you who have been reading my blog, I've written quite a few posts recently about the IBW and I'd love to hear what you think about it. I'll be posting the poll later today, so please pop in and vote. Also please feel free to leave me any comments about your thoughts on the IBW.

No comments: