3/04/2008

Limited bird ID quiz

I'm always trying to come up with new ways to get you guys to interact with me. A couple of weeks ago I posted some pictures that showed very little of the birds I was trying to capture in flight. Mike from The Feather and the Flower inspired me when he said that "even though I'm terrible at them I'm a sucker for "limited-info identification" (sounds better than "bad picture IDs," doesn't it?)".

Mike I figured I would run a few limited ID sessions to test the market for other suckers. Here are 5 limited ID photos - let's see how long it takes for someone to correctly ID them. BTW, these pictures were purposefully taken to show as little detail as possible...well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.



5 comments:

Patrick Belardo said...

Harrier
Hermit Thrush
Greater Scaup
Short-eared Owl
Bufflehead

Jochen said...

Same as Patrick and yes, I figured them out myself.

Not entirely sure about the Hermit, that's a tough one.

Susan Gets Native said...

Patrick isn't allowed to guess. He's too much of a big smarty-pants.


: )

Owlman said...

Yeah Susan he really is ;-) In hindsight I think these were too easy, so the next round will be tougher. Maybe I need to make up a fake award and I can give it to the winner. If you win 5 awards, you can cash it in for a virtual toaster or something similar.

Elaine said...

Northern Harrier
Unknown LBJ
Greater Scaup
Short-eared Owl
Bufflehead