7/01/2008

Waiting for 70

My garden bird list is currently sitting at 69 and I'm wondering what bird will take me to 70. I've been hoping for a Brown Thrasher but for some reason I haven't seen one in the area. I'm sure if my bird calls were better I'd be able to add another 2 or 3 birds to my garden list. Maybe I'll get some Fall migrants moving through. What's your garden list at? What's your latest and greatest bird?


By the way, my 200 post mark/event has come and gone without me even noticing it. I'm pretty amazed that I have already posted over 200 posts - wow. I guess I'll celebrate when I reach 300.


It looks like most of my Tree Swallows have fledged, which means that they'll be leaving soon. Unlike some of my other birds, the Tree Swallows use the nesting box and then they move on. They start nesting relatively late (compared to my other garden birds) and they leave the garden pretty early. It will be sad to see them go, but I'm hopeful that they'll be back next year to announce my official start of Spring.

5 comments:

mon@rch said...

Congrats on reaching 200 post and glad to hear you birdy numbers are getting up!

Debbie said...

I had to check out your list...it is very similar to mine. I've not counted, so I don't know how many birds I've had here in. I keep lots of lists of places I've been, but I'm not a very good record keeper.

Hope you make #70 soon.

Congratulations on post #200.

Susan Gets Native said...

The latest new yard bird was a barn swallow following me as I mowed the lawn. I kept having to swerve to avoid things because I was watching the bird instead of where I was going.

Mel said...

Congrats on the 200 posts!! And please, do let us know who's lucky 70!!

Owlman said...

Mon@rch thanks for popping in. I'm aiming to reach the 150 mark or my garden list and I am slowly planting more plants to attract more feathered friends.

Debbie glad to hear we're n sync ;-) Don't worry I'm pretty bad at keeping records too. I now have my garden list on my PC so that helps to keep organized. I need to do a life list at some stage, but I can't get my act together....

Susan you always crack me up - sounds like the swallow was bringing out the artist in you. Remember mowing is all about patterns!

Mel thanks for stopping in. I'm hoping to get number 70 soon!