8/26/2008

Birding Resource: Feather Atlas

I wanted to share a very cool site that Susan gets native (she's VERY famous in the bird world in case you've been living under a rock) made me aware of. If like me, you are constantly finding feathers and wondering 'who the heck does this belong to?' you may find this sight useful. As Susan told me they don't have EVERYTHING, but they come pretty darn close. I will definitely be checking this site out pretty consistently and I hope you find it useful.

Any takers on this ID?

7 comments:

Lynne said...

Owlman- I can't find the link.

Owlman said...

Sorry link I forgot to add the link - DUH. I updated the post and it should now contain the link http://www.lab.fws.gov/featheratlas/index.php

Wow, talk about a beginner's mistake. You forget to add the most important part of the post - lol.

At least I know someone's reading my blog!

Susan Gets Native said...

How big was this thing? It looks like it has owl feet.
The cryptic plumage on the chest looks very screech-like.

Susan Gets Native said...

I'm famous? Holy sh*t!

Owlman said...

Susan - yip it's an owl but bigger than a Screech.

Owlman said...

Susan - infamous? ;-)

Owlman said...

The picture is a long eared owl. I'm hoping to take a few better pictures this winter!