5/11/2009

Double trouble: Indigo buntings!

Ok, so having one Indigo bunting is super amazingly cool. This afternoon I saw something yellow in my mulberry tree and I went to check it out to make sure it wasn't a warbler. As expected it turned out to be an American Goldfinch. As I was walking out I thought I saw an Indigo bolt off and then I thought I saw another one at the feeder.... I must be going mad I thought.

As the sun was setting this evening I blinked and again I saw double and this well before my first glass of wine. Luckily I managed to grab my camera and snap a few pics before a fight ensued. Hopefully this trend will continue and I'll see some more doubles at my feeders!


5 comments:

Lynne said...

SWEET!!

Bird Girl said...

You are lucky! I'd love to see these guys at my feeder! They never come - but I do get to see them down the road on their territories!

Tina said...

I would love to see just one indigo bunting this year..and would drop over if it showed up at my feeder.
Lucky you! Nice post!

Owlman said...

Hi Lynne, Bird Girl and Tina -

Yeah, I'm VERY lucky indeed. For some reason I haven't seen the Indigos around my feeders for a couple of days, although I did see one at the back of my property in the pines.

Tina, the main thing I try to remember is that you HAVE to keep your feeders full cos you never know what will show up!

Thanks for stopping in all!

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

Hello daar. Hoe gaan dit met jou? Waneer kom jy kuier? Jy is seker bly dat dit al sommer is by julle. Hier is daar'n koue wind wat waai die laste week en ek vrek van die koue. :) Van dat ek terud is in Pretoria is dit die koudste wat dit was soveer.

Jy moet 'n bietie vir Dale van Alpine Birds ook gaan kuier. Hy is van Durban maar bly now in Austria.

Ek hoop alles gaan goed daar.