12/30/2012

Owl box in new location

I finally decided to move the owl box to a new location.   This is the 3 rd location and I am confident that this one will be a winner.   The new location is on my lawn at the back of my garden.  The box is on a 10 foot post and the entrance hole is about 7 1/2 feet from the ground.   To discourage squirrels I put a baffle on the post.   In addition the box is far enough from any trees which means that squirrels won't be able to jump onto the roof.  The day after I put the box in the new location I had a pair of Screech owls calling in my river birch outside my bedroom window.  I am hoping that this is a good omen.   No sighting of any owls during the day....   It's still early days as the owls will only start nesting at the end of March.





No comments:

Incredible photos shared by the Flickr community group - Owls of North America. Click on the play button to begin the slideshow - ENJOY!